Who are we on the lookout for?
We are trying to find a Postdoctoral Analysis Fellow to join Faculty of Regulation, School of Business and Regulation, Tutorial Division.
This part delivers a exceptional opportunity for the proper man or woman to perform research with a massive, nationally representative data established that has immediate policy and exercise implications in the area of child maltreatment. It would accommodate a community overall health researcher, statistician or allied wellbeing qualified intrigued in functioning to prevention youngster maltreatment in Australia.
We’re presenting this function as a hybrid placement as part of QUT’s determination to embracing the alternatives designed by a far more digital and linked planet.
Real environment affect
QUT is a significant Australian university with a world outlook and a ‘real world’ target. We are an bold and collaborative establishment that seeks to equip our learners and graduates with the expertise they will will need in an more and more disrupted and challenged entire world.
About the region
The Australian Child Maltreatment Study (ACMS) is the 1st nation-huge analyze of the prevalence and wellness impacts of youngster maltreatment. It has produced for the first time facts on how lots of Australians have seasoned just about every of the five varieties of child maltreatment (actual physical abuse, psychological abuse, sexual abuse, neglect, and publicity to domestic violence) and their affiliated impacts on a selection of psychological health and overall health risk behaviours, and load of sickness. The ACMS was funded by the NHMRC with additional funding furnished by the Australian Govt. The ACMS interviewed 8503 randomly recruited Australians aged 16-65 many years and older about their ordeals in childhood and a array of overall health and socio-financial results by way of lifestyle. This has supplied an extremely prosperous, nationally consultant dataset which can be made use of to answer various major queries pertinent to public health and fitness coverage, community wellbeing legislation, and plan and follow throughout several sectors. Additional info about the study and printed results can be found on the ACMS web-site..
What you require to do well
- PhD in a related industry (e.g. psychology, public wellbeing, epidemiology, well being and so on).
- Demonstrated solid statistical capabilities with working experience in working with statistical plans which include SAS, Stata, R, SPSS. Candidates who demonstrate sturdy competencies in a solitary method will be regarded as if they provide proof they can swiftly upskill in different packages if demanded.
- Shown experience in leading, producing or contributing to peer-reviewed journal content.
- Very superior ability in published communication.
- Excellent awareness to element.
- Powerful interpersonal capabilities, which includes the potential to do the job in multidisciplinary groups.
Careers at QUT
We are dedicated to setting up a lifestyle that fosters relationship between men and women and function. Beyond personal and qualified fulfillment, a occupation at QUT gives:
- A nutritious function-lifetime stability with a mix of on-campus and off-campus function preparations for relevant positions.
- Competitive remuneration with up to 17% superannuation.
- Generous maternity depart which includes primary carer parental depart of up to 26 months (together with 17% tremendous).
- Remain balanced with Conditioning Passport and get pleasure from discounted rates on private wellbeing insurance coverage.
- Leave loading of 17.5%.
- Acquired Leave Plan – up to 8 excess months.
- Salary Packaging Plan for supplemental superannuation contributions, motor vehicle leasing, and on-campus companies these kinds of as childcare, parking, and fitness centers.
- Many prospects for skilled development which include leadership packages and workshops, and our examine aid plan.
- Dedication to our Indigenous Australian staff through initiatives this sort of as the Indigenous Australian Personnel Network, Cultural and Ceremonial Go away, Employees Progress Workshops, and representation on college committees.
- We see range and inclusion as our strengths.
- Investigate extra added benefits of lifestyle at QUT.
We are guided by our values of Ambition, Curiosity, Integrity, Inclusiveness, Innovation, and Tutorial Flexibility and our QUT Connections in our mission to inspire and condition the next generation of modify-makers.
In guidance of our Indigenous Australians Work Method, we aspire to an Indigenous Australian workforce participation of 3.6% and we stimulate Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islander people to join us in pursuing a satisfying vocation.
We feel in generating protected areas for inclusivity to prosper and we know that diversity is our power – see our commitment. If you are curious, innovative, and all set to experience what a career at QUT can offer you, we’re prepared to fulfill you.
Reference number: 23759
Expression: Fixed-expression, entire-time basis for three (3) yrs
Remuneration: $125,576 to $149,137 pa (LEVB) (inclusive of $106,113 to $126,022 wage pa, 17% superannuation and 17.5% recreation leave loading)
Locale: Gardens Point (hybrid option offered)
Occupation opens: 24-Aug-2023
Purposes Near: 17-Sep-2023 at 11:30 pm
Open up to: The situation is open to all applicants who have unrestricted perform legal rights in Australia for the length of the fastened-phrase appointment. In guidance of our strategic precedence of Indigenous Australian achievement, Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islander men and women are inspired to implement.
Uncover out additional and apply by clicking the Utilize button below.